Monday, January 2, 2012

My Creed is The Optimist's Creed


A friend shared this with me a few months ago, and it is something I go back to and re-read often. There are times when it's easy to get too caught up in all the things that are going wrong in your life, instead of paying attention to all the ones that are going right.  
If you think about it, that's a very selfish way of life. There is always ALWAYS someone less fortunate than you, and putting that in perspective helps you realize and be more thankful for everything you have, and to reach out and give more to people who really need it.
I know from experience that negativity can drag you into a downward spiral and once you're there it's hard to redirect your thoughts toward the positive side of things.  This poem helped open my eyes and recognize the importance of thinking outside yourself and being more mindful of others.  When you give more, the world is a better place...for everyone in it. I truly believe that keeping these things always in my mind helps me to be a better person. 
Happy New Year!  Wishing you all the best for a happy, healthy 2012!!

No comments:

Post a Comment