Monday, November 26, 2012

Delight in the Little Things:: Monday Musings

"Delight in the little things" Rudyard Kipling quote. gratitude, thankfulness, simple pleasures


I took a little walk the other day. I was in a contemplative mood and the weather was glorious, and I found myself downtown with a little bit of time on my hands so I took a stroll. As I was walking I realized that the littlest things can bring me such great joy - something as simple as these beautiful little leaves on a rusty grate could bring a sense of happiness to my heart and a smile to my lips. I had to capture that moment, put a frame around that feeling to keep and remember forever. 

These simple yellow leaves so sweetly arranged as if posing for a painter and resting while he mixes his colors - French grey, vermilion, violet, and ochre - are now frozen in time as a reminder to keep my eyes and heart always open to make sure I don't ever miss another perfect moment just like this one. 

"Delight in the little things." ~Rudyard Kipling






No comments:

Post a Comment